Social Media and Society in India
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
April 7-8, 2023
Our third event on social media and society at the University of Michigan School of Information focuses on India and features a host of scholars and practitioners in person. The event presents speakers who will discuss the impact of social media on various aspects of Indian society from food and exercise to journalism and democratic rights. The event is hybrid, in-person attendees will have a chance to see the speakers at the venue, while those joining online will be provided a zoom link.
In Person at 2435 North Quad, Ann Arbor, MI, USA.
Online from 9.00 AM to 6.00 PM US Eastern Time
Register here: https://forms.gle/sQVYqVztPwWZSjks8
Speakers include academic scholars, practitioners and digital influencers
Platform Design Roundtables
- School of Information, University of Michigan
- Center for South Asia Studies, University of Michigan
- John Seely Brown Technology & Society Lecture Fund, School of Information
- Martha Boaz Distinguished Lectureship Fund, School of Information
- Digital Studies Institute, University of Michigan
- Center for Ethics, Society, and Computing, University of Michigan
- Wallace House Center for Journalists, University of Michigan